Payment protection Insurance (PPI)


Blue Motor Finance (Blue) no longer sells PPI. However, if you feel that you have previously been mis-sold PPI, here is how you can make a complaint.

You can find advice on Payment Protection Insurance by visiting the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

We appreciate that some of our customers may be concerned about PPI, especially if they believe it was mis-sold as part of a motor finance loan.

Blue are committed to dealing with all complaints fairly and promptly, we will always try to resolve any complaint straight away.

Any complaint you may make about PPI will never affect your relationship with us and will not affect your credit score, complaining about your PPI is a legal right.

What is PPI?

Payment Protection Insurance, also known as PPI, is a type of insurance policy to provide cover for a loan payment if the policy holder is made redundant or unable to work due to an illness or accident.

How do I enquire or complain about PPI?

If you think you may have had PPI in relation to a motor finance agreement with Blue Motor Finance taken out before 17th July 2014, we would advise that this company has been dissolved and you should contact the Financial Services Compensation Scheme as detailed below.

If you think you may have had PPI in relation to a motor finance agreement with Blue Motor Finance taken out after 17th July 2014 or a motor finance agreement with Park Motor Finance, you can check if you had PPI, make a PPI complaint or have your complaint assessed under the new Plevin guidelines by contacting our Complaints Department:

Phone: 020 3005 9330


Post: Blue Motor Finance Limited, PO Box 565, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 9RE

When writing to us, please remember to include full details of your complaint, your full name, address, date of birth and an agreement number if you have one.

PPI Deadline

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have put in place a deadline by which anyone wishing to complain about PPI must register their complaint. This deadline is 29th August 2019.

Financial Conduct Authority

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the United Kingdom’s regulatory body that oversees financial firms providing services to consumers. The FCA are responsible for publishing rules about how financial firms deal with customer complaints.

Not happy with our response?

If you are not satisfied with our final response or 8 weeks have passed since you first raised your complaint, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) was set up by Parliament to provide a free independent review service. You will not be able to refer your complaint to the FOS if you have not contacted us first.

Phone: 0800 023 4567


Post: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR


The Financial Services Compensation Scheme

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK's statutory fund of last resort for customers of financial services firms. This means that FSCS can pay compensation to consumers if a financial services firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it. The FSCS is an independent body, set up under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). There is no charge for individual consumers for using this service.

Phone: 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100

Post: Financial Services Compensation Scheme, PO Box 300, Mitcheldean GL17 1DY